Since 1874, The Garden City Hotel has been a Long Island landmark, an iconic retreat beloved for its timeless elegance and modern-day comfort. Spacious guest rooms, luxurious suites, first-class culinary team and genuine hospitality are hallmarks of this legendary hotel located just 15 miles from Manhattan.
A Tradition of Excellence
The preferred Long Island address of a diverse and distinguished array of guests, ranging from the Vanderbilts, Astors and Kennedys to the cast of Sex and The City, The Garden City Hotel is also a home away from home for business travelers, locals and visitors from around the globe.
Highlights of this legendary hotel include:
- 272 guest rooms and suites, renovated in February 2014
- 16 suites and four penthouse suites
- 25,000 square feet of renovated and flexible meeting and event space
- Extensive meeting services and an on-site Executive Meeting Manager
- First class culinary and pastry team
- Wedding specialists & customized wedding packages
- Polo Steakhouse, a classic American steakhouse
- Polo Lounge, serving signature cocktails
- Seasonal Patio Bar with signature cocktails and upscale tapas
- Legendary Sunday Brunch and Saturday Afternoon Tea
- Brand new indoor pool and fitness center coming Summer 2014
- Lobby Emporium, offering an array of gifts & sundry items
- Concierge Desk
- Located 15 miles from Manhattan and 19 miles from LaGuardia & JFK airports
- Lobby artwork collection curated by IndieWalls. Artwork is available for viewing and for purchasing at the IndieWalls website. View Artwork >
Meet Our General Manager
Here at the Garden City Hotel our singular focus is to provide our guests with an atmosphere of warmth, luxury and unparalleled service for which we have become renowned. I am thrilled to announce our brand new guest rooms, which we have begun to unveil to the public. During the months of March and April, this will mean that our guests may experience light, intermittent noise Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:30am and 6:00pm. Weekends may also be impacted by the work surrounding the improvements made to the property with intermittent noise as well.
You will find our team has an unwavering commitment to excellence in keeping with the hotel's impeccable reputation. As such, our staff both anticipates and responds directly to our guests' immediate needs while providing a level of service that is attentive yet unobtrusive.
Long a haven for a who's who list of celebrities and influencers, we take great pride in knowing that we are serving the discerning customers and community for one of America's most prestigious hotels. As such, I am proud to help take this hotel to the next level and provide a guest experience that is unmatched.
I cordially invite all our guests to let us cater to your every whim and help you enjoy the elegant charm of this fabulous, historic hotel. While here, I also encourage you to explore the beauty of Long Island and the enchanting Village of Garden City. On behalf of everyone here at The Garden City Hotel, it is my pleasure to serve you and I look forward to making your stay a memorable one.