Since 1874, The Garden City Hotel has been a Long Island landmark, an iconic retreat beloved for its timeless elegance and modern-day comfort. Spacious guest rooms, luxurious suites, first-class culinary team and genuine hospitality are hallmarks of this legendary hotel located just 24 miles from Manhattan.
A TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE
The preferred Long Island address of a diverse and distinguished array of guests, ranging from the Vanderbilts, Astors and Kennedys to the cast of Sex and The City, The Garden City Hotel is also a home away from home for business travelers, locals and visitors from around the globe.
Highlights of this legendary hotel include:
- 272 guest rooms and suites, renovated in 2014
- 16 suites and four penthouse suites
- 25,000 square feet of renovated and flexible meeting and event space
- Extensive meeting services and an on-site Executive Meeting Manager
- First class culinary and pastry team
- Wedding specialists & customized wedding packages
- Polo Steakhouse, a classic American steakhouse
- Polo Lounge, serving signature cocktails
- Seasonal Patio Bar with signature cocktails and upscale tapas
- Legendary Sunday Brunch and Saturday Afternoon Tea
- Brand new indoor pool and fitness center coming this Winter
- Lobby Emporium, offering an array of gifts & sundry items
- Concierge Desk
- Located 24 miles from Manhattan, 12 miles from JFK airport and 16 miles from LGA airport
- Lobby artwork collection curated by IndieWalls. Artwork is available for viewing and for purchasing at the IndieWalls website. View Artwork >
- The Long Island Railroad Garden City stop is located directly across the street from our hotel with access to New York City.
MEET OUR GENERAL MANAGER
Here at the Garden City Hotel our singular focus is to provide our guests with an atmosphere of warmth, luxury and unparalleled service for which we have become renowned. I am thrilled to announce our brand new guest rooms and suites are complete.
You will find our team has an unwavering commitment to excellence in keeping with the hotel's impeccable reputation. As such, our staff both anticipates and responds directly to our guests' immediate needs while providing a level of service that is attentive yet unobtrusive.
Long a haven for a who's who list of celebrities and influencers, we take great pride in knowing that we are serving the discerning customers and community for one of America's most prestigious hotels. As such, I am proud to help take this hotel to the next level and provide a guest experience that is unmatched.
I cordially invite all our guests to let us cater to your every whim and help you enjoy the elegant charm of this fabulous, historic hotel. While here, I also encourage you to explore the beauty of Long Island and the enchanting Village of Garden City. On behalf of everyone here at The Garden City Hotel, it is my pleasure to serve you and I look forward to making your stay a memorable one.